Roof-mounted solar vs ground-mounted solar – which solar panel system should you get? Property owners in Scottsdale usually have a choice between the two especially when they have large yard space to build a ground-mounted solar panel system. Today, let’s discuss the advantages of these two solar installation types to help you make the right decision.
Roof-Mounted Solar Panels in Scottsdale, AZ
Needless to say, roof-mounted solar installations are some of the most popular choices when it comes to solar panel systems for homes. Here are some of their advantages:
- They save a lot of space since the roof is rarely used for other purposes.
- The solar panel system gets a lot of sun since there are usually no shades or obstructions when the panels are installed on the roof.
- Solar panels on the roof can protect the actual roof material.
- Roof solar panels look beautiful, and in fact, they can also add to the value of your home.
Ground-Mounted Solar Panels in Scottsdale, AZ
Ground-mounted solar installations also offer many benefits. Although they are only ideal to install in places where there’s plenty of yard space. Among them are the following:
- You can start small and have plenty of room to expand your solar panel system in the future.
- Ground-mounted solar can be positioned at an angle where it can get the most sunlight throughout the day.
- It is easier to clean, maintain, and repair solar panels that are placed on the ground.
Contact Us for Your Solar Installation Needs in Scottsdale, AZ
Hopefully, the information above about roof-mounted solar vs ground-mounted solar advantages can help you make a better decision on which one to get. If you are looking to install solar panels on your Scottsdale property, we are here to help. Contact Scottsdale Solar Panels to get an estimate today!